The video file you upload will be processed by the same web engine that processes YouTube videos, therefor you can visit YouTube’s help page for information on the best way to encode your video so it looks great for the judges. But remember the following guidelines!
- Do NOT send clips with separate audio (reporter on one track, NAT sound on the other)
- Watch your videos to make sure the aspect ratio looks right. (Use square pixels – not anamorphic.)
- 720p is the max resolution
- 100MB filesize limit. In-Depth stories may be up to 250MB.
- Name your clips CATEGORY_NAME OF STORY. Example: SPOT NEWS_HOUSE FIRE.mp4
You might find you have to reduce your resolution or bit-rate (or both) in order to fit under 100MB.
If your edit system does not support MPEG-4 or H.264 we recommend the free program Handbrake. Using the Normal setting generally yields very good results.
If you are still having problems, contact us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.